11.7.15

Where To Next?

So after my last post on how I'm aiming to change the overall look of my animation I wanted to share what has put me in this mindset. Various shows and sources of this will be displayed throughout this post, none of which are mine.
The main inspiration for my change comes from the show "The Amazing World of Gumball."
I want my animations to improve to look not exactly like this show but pretty close to it. I enjoy the show for the humor but even more for the landscape of the characters and the different technique used to make each character. The background is always a real world setting and I love it. It reminds me of the time Cartoon Network aired these shorts of various cartoon characters in real world settings. The various facial expressions of all the characters in the show intrigue me as well. Always changing but still hold the same cute approach to it. Theres alot about this show I love basically and its hard to point out exactly what I like but to round it up I watch this show whenever I'm bored or have an idea block.
As a mentioned in the post before this one, I bring some of my inspiration from Blues Clues as well. This is done specifically because of the added texture I noticed throughout the show. Sometimes Blue and his friends look like out cutouts from hard paper and sometimes they look like not yet sewn down embroidery. The show reminded me to push for detail in things I'd never think would be able to be shown perfectly like a wrinkle in a dress or a puddle in a street or even a stray hair blowing in the wind.
Lastly, Neon Lights. The thought of a light on a street sign trying its best not to go out made me think about time and how its uncontrollable. Therefore things like flickering lights cannot hold a specific timed pattern on when it flickers or how bright it becomes at moments. It's hard to explain but the thought of lights makes me realize I can't make make everything a motion event if I want it to be realistic. 
To sum this up, I want my projects to take a more mature approach in its story-lines, landscaping, characters, and movement. Hopefully I can achieve this soon. I hope you enjoyed reading. Thank-you and stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment